Untangling the Mystery: Diagnosis, Testing and Imaging
1. Approach to workup of uveitis (C .Stephen Foster, MD) 20 min Watch Now
2. Imaging tools that make a difference in ocular inflammatory disease (Peter Chang, MD) Watch Now
The role of genomic technologies in identification and characterization of infectious and autoimmune causes of uveitis (John Gonzales, MD) Watch Now
Taming the Fire: Treatment and Surgery for OID
Current and emerging therapies for the treatment of uveitis and ocular inflammatory disease (Rajiv Shah, MD) Watch Now
Surgical considerations in the management of the uveitis patient
6. 1:00 - 1:20 p.m. EDT - Anterior segment (Stephen Anesi, MD) 20 min Read more here.
7. 1:20 - 1:40 p.m. EDT - Posterior segment (Rajiv Shah, MD) 20 min Read more here.
8. 1:40 - 1:55 p.m. EDT - Case discussion: dilemmas in treatment (panel) 15 min
1:55 - 2:30 p.m. EDT - Break 35 min
Hot topics not often discussed…
9. 2:30 - 2:50 p.m. EDT - Scleritis treatment and new insights (David Chu, MD) 20 min
10. 2:50 - 3:15 p.m. EDT - Ocular cicatricial pemphigoid and atopy (C. Stephen Foster, MD) 25 min Read more here.
11. 3:15 - 3:30 p.m. EDT - Infectious uveitis and emerging pathogens (Gary Holland, MD) 15 min Read more here.
12. 3:30 - 3:55 p.m. EDT - Drug induced uveitis: role of the newer chemotherapy agents (Sanjay Kedhar, MD) 25 min Read more here.
13. 3:55 - 4:20 p.m. EDT - Masquerade Syndromes (Sanjay Kedhar, MD) 25 min Read more here.
14. 4:20 - 4:30 p.m. EDT - Q&A 10 min
4:30 - 4:40 p.m. EDT - Break 10 min
15. 4:40 - 5:00 p.m. EDT - Uveitic Glaucoma, (Sameh Mosaed, MD) 20 min Read more here.
Patient and Physicians United: Advocacy and navigating the system
16. 5:00 - 5:15 p.m. EDT - Navigating insurance and other hurdles (Frances Foster) 15 min Read more here.
17. 5:15 - 5:30 p.m. EDT - Self-advocacy, how to get the best medical care possible (do’s and don’t’s, including approaches to dealing with patient compliance, advice on complementary therapies) (TBD) 15 min